The Gilded Age New York is a city in full industrial development, divided into districts characterized by different social status. Undermined by unprecedented political and social corruption, New York City is a melting pot of cultures and personalities lending itself perfectly to being a playground for a violent murderer.
Places of InterestEdit
- Main article: 808-Broadway
- 808-Broadway is the address of the headquarters where Dr. Laszlo Kreizler, John Moore, Sara Howard and Detective Sergeants Marcus and Lucius Isaacson meet to avoid prying eyes, conducting their research and exchanges of views on their quest to find the murderer.
- Main article: Bellevue Hospital
- Bellevue Hospital is one of the prominent public hospitals in New York City, often visited by Dr. Laszlo Kreizler for his inquiries. The first suspect of the Santorelli Murder, Henry Wolfgang, was detained there.
- Main article: Delmonico's
- Delmonico's is a New York City restaurant where Dr. Laszlo Kreizler invites his associates to discuss the progress of the investigation.
- Main article: Kreizler Institute
- Kreizler Institute is an approved school founded and managed by Dr. Laszlo Kreizler in New York City, providing a haven for "damaged" children.
New York City Police DepartmentEdit
- Main article: New York City Police Department
- New York City Police Department is the police force with the task to enforce laws and investigate crimes in New York City. It is the headquarters from where Theodore Roosevelt follows the secret investigations from afar, with Miss Howard acting as a liaison between the Police Department and 808 Broadway.
- Main article: Paresis Hall
- The Paresis Hall is an infamous brothel in New York City run by Biff Ellison and Paul Kelly, offering services of young boys in women's clothes to a varied clientele.
- Although the story is set in New York City, filming location is set in Budapest, where a hard-working team has recreated most of the sets, including the exterior façades of the main buildings, the main streets as well as shops and business places. They also meticulously replicated the exteriors and entrances of existing locations, giving the impression that the characters access the real buildings, generally reproduced on studios such as Kreizler's house or located in real New York City. 
- The construction of the set required three to four months, which begun before filming started.