Kreizler (Daniel Brühl) confronts the demons of his past. Moore (Luke Evans) tells Sara (Dakota Fanning) the truth. Connor (David Wilmot) takes matters into his own hands. The team closes in on the killer as time is running out. 
- John Moore: "I've looked from everywhere. Please, help me save this boy."
- Sara Howard: "The Feast of John the Baptist. It's six days from now."
- John Moore: "We don't have much time."
- Dr. Kreizler: "He's changing. The ritual is changing."
- Dr. Kreizler: "Now, John. Let's go!"
- Joseph: "Help! Help me!"
- John Moore: "Here’s to you, here’s to me. May we never disagree. But if we do, hell with you. Here’s to me."
- Dr. Kreizler: "We can either let it haunt us for the rest of our lives, or we can accept it and use the memory of our pain to help others."
- When Maxie's corpse is found at the Bath House, Don Giovanni: Duo Masetto Zerlina, performed by David Timson is used to emphasise the scene.
- The episode covers from Chapter Forty-two to the last chapter of Part III of Caleb Carr's novel, with some changes and additional original scenes.