| Work in progress!
This article is currently Under Construction. Therefore, please excuse its informal appearance while it's being worked on. We hope to have it completed as soon as possible.
|“||Our graft paid for this building, commissioner. And lined the pockets of you men. And now you drag us here like a couple of two-bit sneak thieves when you already got your throat-slitter behind bars. Now, where's the decency, uh?||”|
|— Ellison to Roosevelt[src]|
- Official character overview yet to be provided by TNT Pressroom.
Appearance and Personality Edit
New York City Police Department, 1896. Biff Ellison had been invited together with his partner Paul Kelly in the office of Commissioner Theodore Roosevelt, in order to discuss recent events. Elegantly dressed and with a clean-shaven face, Ellison was not at all pleased to have been called with his partner at the police station as "a couple of two-bit sneak thieves" the commissioner "already got the throat slitter behind bars" and made no secret about his disappointment with sneaky remarks, such as keeping the police officers in the pay. When the Commissioner gave the impression that he was not the least bit worried by the veiled threats, Kelly stepped into the conversation, trying to explain the situation with his typical businessman attitude while Ellison leaned against the wall, near the fireplace. As the commissioner ordered the Paresis Hall to be shut down following the dreadful murder of Giorgio Santorelli, Ellison almost lost his temper but Kelly agreed, exchanging a glance with the partner before the two left the office.
Afterwards, Ellison led a group of young boys dressed in petticoats and lingerie under dirty coats across the street, each carrying their belongings, while Kelly paid Captain Connor's silence. In fact, the two gangsters simply moved their business into the building opposite the newly shut down Paresis Hall. Entering the new brothel, Ellison left a pair of shoes hanging at the gate; a symbol of their licentious activity. 
Biff Ellison received John Schuyler Moore when he visited the Paresis Hall, trying to dissuade him from asking his boys about Gloria, the name taken by Giorgio Santorelli when he was a prostitute to the brothel. Biff poured him a drink, mischievously touching his hand with his fingers and, taking advantage of a moment of Moore's distraction, poured the contents of a tablet into his drink. He let Sally, one of the Paresis Hall boys, to take care of the reporter, accompanying him to one of the upstairs rooms where the drug began to take effect. At this point, Biff and Paul Kelly entered the room with Captain Connor, where Kelly instructed some of the boys to take care of Moore, who lay unconscious on the bed. 
Memorable Quotes Edit
- Biff Ellison (to Roosevelt): "Our graft paid for this building, Commissioner. And lined the pockets of your men. And now you drag us in here like a couple of two-bit sneak thieves when you already got your throat slitter behind bars. Now, where's the decency, huh?"
- Biff Ellison (to his prostitutes): "Move your fannies now, girls. We open for business in less than an hour."
- Biff Ellison (to John Moore): "Now, we've all kind of entertainment here, friend. A little pleasure? A little pain? What do you fancy?"
- Biff Ellison (to John Moore): "You should stick around. You look like you might enjoy yourself."
- A photo taken behind the scenes has appeared on Antonio Magro's Twitter account, sharing his new look for his role as gangster Paul Kelly, with Falk Hentschel seen behind playing Biff Ellison. 
- Biff Ellison is an in-universe depiction of James T. Ellison, a gangster affiliated with the Five Points Gang and later a leader of the Gopher Gang in late 1800 New York.
- In the novel, Biff Ellison is one of the first people to be suspected of murdering Giorgio Santorelli.
Episode Appearance Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Antonio Magro revealing gangster roles on Twitter
- ↑ Hossein Amini (writer) & Jakob Verbruggen (director); (January 22, 2018); "The Boy on the Bridge". Episode 1. The Alienist. TNT
- ↑ Hossein Amini & E. Max Frye (writers) & Jakob Verbruggen (director); (January 29, 2018); "A Fruitful Partnership". Episode 2.The Alienist. TNT